We invite every legal driving school owner (and their driving instructors) in South Africa and the Southern Hemisphere to join SAIDI, provided you are willing and able to provide us with the following documentation, and are willing to comply with the terms of our code of conduct.
We have a new Constitution too, which includes driving schools, since 2014.
In order to become a member of SAIDI, driving instructors need to provide us with the following documentation:
- A fully-completed “SAIDI Application for Membership” form. SAIDI Application for Individual Membership 2017
- A certified copy of your valid instructor’s certificate, as required per legislation.* (See relevant legislation on the website). Please note, the SAIDI Constitution is to be altered to include, as members, those instructors who have attempted to make the correct applications to the Provincial Departments where they reside, but who have been refused the opportunity to be registered or to have their instructor’s certificates renewed annually, as required by law, provided they meet SAIDI’s own internal criteria for membership. Please contact us for more information.
- Website details form – Instructors details for website
- A recent photograph of your face.
- An up-to-date photograph of your vehicle / s with the SAIDI sticker displayed – preferably just behind the side mirrors.
- A certified copy of your identity book.
- A certified copy of your driving licence.
- The receipt for the payment indicated on the “SAIDI Application for Membership” form.
- A certified copy of your motor insurance plan.
Please email your fully completed documents to info
We will contact you and soon have you listed on our website and put you on our mailing list. We undertake to keep all members informed of the latest developments.
You will immediately be entitled to all the benefits of being a SAIDI member. All members are entitled to one of our surprise gift packs.