REGULATION 250 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATIONS ENACTED UNDER THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT, 1989 (ACT NO. 29 OF 1989): CONDITIONS DETERMINED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR WITH WHICH AN INSTRUCTOR SHALL COMPLY
(1) The applicant must be in possession of a motor vehicle or vehicles with a dual control service brake so that in emergencies he will have sufficient control of his vehicle; and
(2) The motor vehicle must bear the name of the driving school or instructor for identification purposes. This will also warn the public that the vehicle is possibly being driven by a learner-driver.
2. After the issue of the certificate the instructor shall keep the following record in respect of each pupil separately, and the record must be available for one year after the pupil has completed his tuition;
(1) name, identity number and address of pupil;
(2) period of tuition, with details of dates and hours per day instructed;
(3) fees paid;
(4) class of driver’s licence for which tuition was received:
(5) number of hours tuition received in city or town;
(6) number of hours tuition received outside city or town; and
(7) date of which tested by registering authority, and result of test.